Poseidon Med II aims to contribute to the reduction of the negative impacts of heavy fuel oil powering and to facilitate the implementation of the requirements of a number of EU Directives regarding alternative fuels for a sustainable future in the shipping industry.
The specific objectives of the project are to:
- Facilitate the adoption of the regulatory framework for the LNG bunkering;
- Design the extension of the Revithoussa LNG terminal;
- Design and construct an LNG fuelled specific feeder vessel;
- Implement technical designs and plan approvals for the retrofit/new building of LNG fuelled vessels and for additional ports’ infrastructure for bunkering operations;
- Examine potential synergies with other uses of LNG;
- Develop a sustainable LNG trading and pricing pattern;
- Develop financial instruments to support the port and vessel installations;
- Develop synergies with other sectors (mainly Energy) that will create economies of scale in the use of LNG.
Description of Provided ServicesThe company provides the following services:
- Management & Coordination of the project;
- Dissemination of Project Results;
- Elaboration of an Publication regarding Public Consultation and Informing the Public;
- Preparation of Supporting Technical Studies;
- Preliminary Technical Design of Additional Port Infrastructure;
- Elaboration of Final Environmental Studies;
- Preparation of Final Designs for the Construction of Additional Port Infrastructures;
- Preparation of Tender Documents;
- Adaptation and Implementation of the LNG Refueling Regulatory Framework;
- Design of Technical Studies for boats that will use LNG as fuel.