The project ARGES “pAssengeRs and loGistics information Exchange System” aims at creating a new homogenized organizational and information service in the Ionian and Adriatic ports with a view to strengthen competitiveness and improve the services provided to the passengers and visitors of coastal areas.
The project is based on the longtime cooperation activities between Italian and Greek ports. The specific objectives of ARGES are:
- Strengthening of passengers and cargo accessibility and mobility within the region of project implementation, using a common transnational information system for adapting to EU Directive 65/2010 and the national regulations, creating the conditions for future management and development of passengers and freight flows.
- Strengthening of the transportation services reorganization around the existing network, so as to reduce traffic spikes and to control the road and traffic conditions of the last kilometer.
- Harmonization of information and data exchange between institutions in order to ensure a higher level of safety and to optimize the use of such data for security purposes, planning and personalization of services offered to passengers.
- Procurement of more tools able to optimize the management and use of long-distances and so-called "last mile" itineraries.
Description of Provided Services
- Provision of support services to OLPA SA to identify a common institutional communication plan that will be in cooperation and agreement with the other project partners
- Elaboration of a coordinated Plan for the Promotion of the project in accordance with EU advertising rules on the funded projects. Production of common communication tools and promotional work, etc.,
- Provision of support services to OLPA SA to promote the project results, both through relevant posts on the website of OLPA, and through advertising campaigns.