In the context of the completion of the 25th anniversary from the launch of the European Program LIFE, as well as the aproval of the Habitats Directive, which led to the creation of the Pan-European Network of Protected Areas NATURA 2000, the Green Fund and the Greek Task Force for the Program LIFE - Greek LIFE Task Force, organized the LIFE 25th Anniversary and Celebration, that took part on Thursday 18 May 2017, 9.30 - 19.00, at the Green Fund Event Hall in Kifissia. At the same time, the Green Week is an annual opportunity for discussion on European Environmental Policy and is organized by the European Commission - Directorate-General for the Environment. This is the landmark meeting for all stakeholders, environmentalists, environmental policy makers and other stakeholders from Europe and the rest of the world. For 2017, the Green Week was held in Malta, Belgium and Germany from 29 May to 2 June, focusing on "green jobs for a greener future" and on how the EU environmental policies create green jobs and contribute to economic, sustainable and socially responsible development in the EU, highlighting also the demand for new types of green skills in various occupations.
Description of Provided ServicesWithin its services, Living Prospects has completed:
- Support for the participation to Green-Awards & Life Information Day (May 29th – June 2nd 2017):
- Participation, networking and support to the participation of the TEI of Thessaly in the Green Awards,
- Preparation of publicity material, presentations, minutes and photographic material.
- Support for the presentation of the Adapt2Change project at the event organized by the Green Fund for the 25 years of the LIFE Programme on May 18th in Athens:
- Participation, preparation of presentations, publicity material, photographic material, minutes.